A Midsummer's Nightmare - Kody Keplinger Whitley was being obnoxious from the start. We meet her day after her graduation party. She had sex with some random dude. She kept on complaining how her mother bitches all the time,then she is complaining about her father,his new house,her future stepmom and her kids. Surprise-surprise: the guy she slept with is her new stepbrother. They kiss a few time after a heating argument,the usual. I don't like this sort of people. Why are they always complaining about stuff. Learn to adjust to certain things. In life things won't always go your way.

And just when I thought I could't dislike this girl more she goes and does some more stupid things. She is pissed on the nice,cute stepbrother because he said she is a whore and a drunk-which she totally is. She has some problems with her parents. She is a child of divorces parents,so what? I am too. But that doesnt mean I am going to every party and acting totally crazy,drinking until I pass out or hooking up with random guys who find me attractive. I am wondering: Do people actually do this kind of crap to get their parents attention? If so,then all I can say is- that is so messed up.

I've been having some trouble with Kody's second book- Shut Out. But now I just think I have a problem in general with the way Kody is shaping her leading ladies. First there was Bianca who hooks up with a guy after he basically called her The Designated Ugly Fat Friend. (note:I did give this book 5 stars only because I read it when it first came out,so I was younger and didn't understood how effed up that situation was) Then there was Lissa from Shut Out...ught i can't even with that book.

So in the last 40% of the book there is a change in Whitley. She falls for the stepbrother,stops going to the parties,says goodbye to the bottle of tequila on her night stand,finally confronts her father about the divorce and has sleeps beneath the stars with her new boyfriend and her gay friend. The End