The Summer I Became a Nerd - Leah Rae Miller description

I love this book so much. After reading a bunch of depressing books it was time to read something uplifting and The Summer I Became a Nerd was a perfect escape. It was funny. It was cute. I had a great leading character, interesting dialogs, a hot nerdy guy and entertaining sidekick.

Maddie is a popular cheerleader dating a quarterback who secretly LOVES to read comics and when she accidentally meets her secret crush in a comic store things get more complicated. She's trying to have fun and hang around her new crush, Logan but she doesn't want her friends to find about it because that would be a social suicide. Sooner or later every secret will be exposed but will she lose Logan in the process?

I really can't say anything bad about this book. It was perfect. Muller made me fall in love with Logan and I also liked Maddie, which is strange for me since most of the leading ladies in YA fiction are a bunch of airheads. Sure, Maddie had some issues about showing people who she really is but who doesn't?

I would recommend this book to those who are looking for a perfect summer book with a sweet romance and a lot of humor. Guys, you don't want to miss this.

This review is also posted on my blog YA Fanatic.