Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) - Richelle Mead Eehhh. What a mess!

Here is the list of unnecessary things in this book(in no particular order):

1. Hot main character who I don't think is hot
2. Every man/faerie wants to shag her
3. Love triangle
4. Having sex with two different guys on every 70-100 pages
5. Idiotic main character
6. Having almost rape scenes at least 4 times

and so on. As you can see,my two biggest concerns were with Eugenie and her wild sex life. She jumps from Kiyo to Dorian all the freaking time. And of course everyone wants a piece of that so she has to deal with potential rapist very often. You would be surprised how many supernatural creatures want her.

If you liked Georgina Kincaid series and are planning to read this one as well,don't! It was so much different from the usual Mead's adult fiction. There was a lot of swearing and I feel like she wrote this series in order to show her dirtier side. But it's not that good. Even though Georgina was a succubus and had to have sex at least she was a fun character while Eugenie is not that interesting. Sorry,but that's the truth.

The only thing I did enjoy about this book is Volusian. He was a killer who is now serving Eugenie as a ghost/supernatural being,IDK. He is really intense and constantly threatens to kill her which made me laugh.

“Hey, Volusian, you haven't been checking me out, have you?"

He gave me his trademark bland stare. "I assure you, mistress, the only allure your bare flesh has for me is to remind me how easy it will be to slice open."

I laughed. If not for the fact he was actually serious, he'd be so much fun.”

This review is featured on my blog YA Fanatic.